Wednesday, April 07, 2010

HWL coilovers...

remember the last time i bought a set HWL coil over few years ago??... it was a used unit... owned it for a couple of weeks but could not get to use it, literally... sold it off due to some reasons...



this time round... i managed to save up for a brand new unit... special thanks to fitri aka Cha, manage to get this set for RM1050 from Kakimotor outlet at Shah Alam branch...



HWL suspension for saga iswara is a little bit different compare to others... only the front set are high/low coil over... rear ones are non-adjustable suspension unit... so, it is not 100% high/low adjustable coil over...



off the shelf unit, the front spring is rated 6k while the rear ones are not specified... if not mistaken, older versions, front and rear spring were rated 5k each... not sure if this new setting consider an improvement from the old setting...



installation was done back in Malacca... i also bought a set front top absorber mount bush...



during installation, i noticed one of my tyre had 2 separate puncture... no wonder tyre pressure on that particular tyre was decreasing quite rapidly...





there were also a chip somewhere close to the sidewall of the tyre... lucky it was not deep enough to cause any problem...



finished unit... front suspension...



rear unit... non-adjustable...



after the car was brought down from the jacks, the rear sits rather high than my preference... about 1 finger of clearance from wheel to arch... the front end i adjusted to 2 finger of clearance...

now the car sits like drag wannabe car, rear higher than front end... i could not go any lower with the rear set (well, at least with this setting)... i could bring the front end lower still, but this will accelerate the wear and tear of my drive shaft... no choice i had to leave it at this height, for the sake of reliability and usability for going over speed bumps easily...


feedback from the setup... i would say firm and solid... though there are still some body roll due to the ride height, overall handling was greatly improved... high speed stability was tremendous... i can manage the car with 1 hand easily at speeds beyond my speedometer can read... through the hilly roads of Gombak, it managed the car pretty well... the only limitation now is my wearing out 2006 tyres...

I NEED FRESH RUBBERS~!!

22 Comments:

Anonymous ronzai said...

wat fresh rubber?

nowadays those 15 inch tire so lan cheap liao, rm250 for toyo r888.... fuyooo....

or get t1r only la.. like mike and chaf. 230 per pcs only....

RE001, at PJ, oso around 250 per pcs too....

4:32 PM  
Blogger SkYwAlKeR said...

below rm200 got wat choice??

11:35 PM  
Anonymous ronzai said...

below rm200 ah, erm, falken zeix 912, parada spec 2, dunlop fm901... only these lo....

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if 15"..
i will recommend u to go for Michelin pilot sport3... about rm210-230per pcs..

2:02 PM  
Blogger LiMin said...

tukar lagi >..<?

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Happening im fresh here, I came accross this board I find It incredibly useful & it has helped me a great deal. I hope to give something back and support other people like it has helped me.

Cheers, Catch You About.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats's Up im fresh here. I came accross this site I have found It quite accommodating & it has helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back & support other people like it has helped me.

Cheers all, See You Around.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya im fresh to this, I came accross this forum I find It very accommodating & its helped me tons. I hope to contribute and help others like its helped me.

Cheers, Catch You About.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi-ya people, cool site I have found It very helpful & its helped me a great deal
I hope to contribute & guide others like this site has helped me

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey im fresh on here, I came accross this message board I find It exceedingly useful & it's helped me a lot. I hope to contribute & aid other people like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, Catch You Later.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i am new here, I stumbled upon this site I find It truly useful and its helped me out alot. I hope to give something back & help other users like its helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Later

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bro..!!
ps3 only rm210 lah...

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tayar depan sangkut mudguard tak? apsal aku punyer sangkut da?

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Ashwen said...

Good job with your blog...if only i had the time to do so...anyway i think we just may know each other, but i cant recall...your nick name does ring a bell...maybe some Tt somewhere...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jianbin0924
ralph lauren femme
ray ban sunglasses
tiffany and co
true religion jeans
burberry outlet sale
timberland shoes
michael kors outlet online
coach outlet online
nike air max 2015
uggs outlet

5:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jianbin0224
ferragamo outlet
supra shoes
christian louboutin
christian louboutin uk
cheap oakley sunglasses
ecco shoes
louis vuitton
true religion outlet
fitflops uk
hermes birkin

5:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike tn
sac longchamp
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
ugg boots
michael kors bags
atlanta falcons jerseys
michael kors handbags
fitflops sale
ralph lauren uk

3:16 PM  
Blogger jeje said...

adidas tubular
falcons jersey
nmd
adidas ultra boost
adidas stan smith women
longchamp
adidas outlet
nike air max 2018
jordan shoes
yeezy

11:38 AM  
Blogger omar ail said...

Your site is very helpful
<https://anti-insect.jimdosite.com/
http://antiinsectss.wikidot.com/
http://antinsectss.ucoz.net/blog/
http://5irat.com/

6:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0528
uggs outlet
air jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
ugg boots
pandora charms
canada goose outlet
calvin klein jeans
mishka clothing
real madrid jersey
fitflops sale

2:56 PM  
Blogger love said...

zzzzz2018.7.24
michael kors outlet clearance
canada goose jackets
nike outlet store
longchamp bags
adidas outlet online
pandora jewelry outlet
pandora
nfl jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet online

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goyard store
palm angels t shirt
off white nike
golden goose
ggdb
kyrie 8
kd 14
fear of god
off white jordan
pg 4

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home