Wednesday, December 30, 2009

1.6 clutch...

time to change... hehe... my old 1.3/1.5 clutch no good adi... clutch plate jumping around... clutch cover KO adi...

almost a year back i purchased a 1.6 ST flywheel... measuring 8.0" diameter...



i got it skimmed and lightened from 6.7kg till 6.3kg... removed about 400g off...



other shopping list includes "local" exedy 1.6 clutch cover...



"local" exedy 1.6 clutch plate...



clutch bearing...



flywheel oil seal...



specifications of the clutch plate and clutch cover...





installation took almost half day... my old clutch was removed and it was still good for "estimated" another year of trashing....



VALEO brand...



double clutch spring ohh...



flywheel oil seal was changed simultaneously with clutch bearing...





flywheel contact surface was sanded for rough surface, easier for clutch plate to grip...



after installing back everything in order, the clutch feels grippy now... less jerk when i release the clutch... revs feels a bit lighter as my ST flywheel weighs slightly less compare to my OEM flywheel... overall satisfied as i didnt expect much gain from it... likewise, i just hope it wont slip under heavy acceleration...



remember, its a blue box... not red box... i no racing racing one...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shafique said...

Hi there bro, It's me Shafique@LYN. Just wanna know it ok if I change my clutch to 1.6 ST. My car is 4g13p only. If change to ST clutch, is it hard to press when driving? Because my car is also driven by my wife.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

supreme new york
off white nike
golden goose sneakers outlet
supreme clothing
off white outlet
golden goose outlet
off white hoodie
curry 8
air jordan travis scott
off white clothing

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home