Tuesday, September 08, 2009

driveshaft problem... again...

remember my last experience with broken right side drive shaft (the shorter one) last year December??...

http://kahchai1985.blogspot.com/2008/12/rh-driveshaft.html

yes it happened again a couple of weeks ago... obvious symptom is ur steering will automatically jerk to the right vigorously each time u accelerate... during that sunday i went to my frequent spare part shop to inquire the price of the drive shaft... lady luck was not on my side that day... the last junction turning to the shop, i heard a loud snapping sound coming from the drive shaft... as soon as that happened, i lost all drive... the bearings had disintegrated from the constant velocity (CV) joint.. in other words, the drive shaft is spinning freely but the wheel as no drive... bought my drive shaft for Rm145 and left my car there overnight... on monday i pushed my car to nearby workshop to get it changed...



my disintegrated ball bearings jz dropped out...



changed to this one... hopefully this can hold much longer than the previous one...



as removing the drive shaft from gearbox will drain out some gear oil, the mechanic topped up the drained oil with his el-cheapo gear oil, which i presume has higher viscosity... now my gear change no longer smooth as before...