Monday, May 07, 2007

ignition earth cable...

source: http://pivotjp.com/product/flame-ignitionearth-e.html

when i came to know about this product, i was like WTF??... a single power cable can improve horsepower and engine response??... isnt this similar to the ever-popular grounding cable??....

i sort of wonder, does this cable does wonders to the ignition system??... so i had a go and tried it out... went to my usual electronics shop, ask the tauke for the thickest wire... he pointed to me a bunch of power cables...

actually he got 2 types only lar... one is 10GA and another is "forgot adi what GA", but it is in yellow color and thicker.... thick one cost rm15 per meter, thin one is mere 5bucks per meter....

15bucks is outta my experiment budget, so i bought the 10GA cable...



Audiomaster 10GA power cable...



connect to engine head...



final setup...

difference after installing...
- smoother throttle (mayb)
- quicker response (mayb)

another obvious effect is that, it solved my crazy tacho reading... my tacho no longer stuck at 3k rpm... and it no longer fluctuates from 0 to 1k rpm at idle.... ahaks... at least 5bucks of wire can save my tacho (even if it doesnt improve engine performance)....

but after a few weeks, my tacho back to its normal crazy state again...